For a long time, Janome as a company has always been championing for the best sewing machines. They were the first to develop a computerized sewing machine back in 1979. Now, they are offering more sewing machines that seem to come from the future. The recent developments include the creation of a wireless sewing machine. That is something that will change how we all view the world of sewing. This means that we can have more designs and better efficiency incorporated in the machine.
Best Janome sewing machines
Janome Magnolia 7318 sewing machine is known for having easy to use features even for the beginners. It provides supreme functionality as compared to a number of different sewing machines in its category. The machine is best for all kinds of projects such as quilting, crafting, home decor, and many others. The machine comes with 18 decorative and utility stitches. Those are enough stitch patterns to handle all the basic sewing projects you might have.
Since it is coming from Janome Company, expect that it can deliver even and high precision stitches you deserve for quality clothes. It is regarded as the best machine for a person looking for a stylish machine but is on a budget.
Things We Liked
- It has a top loading full rotary bobbin.
- 18 built-in stitch patterns.
- Offers a 5-piece feed dog capability.
- The machine comes with an extra high presser foot lift.
- Easy to select stitches by using the dial.
- It can sew a maximum stitch length of 4mm.
- Capability to sew the thick fabrics.
- Offers precision stitching for better results.
Things We Didn’t Like
- This machine does not come with a case or dust cover.
- Has fewer decorative stitches as compared to Singer and Brother Models costing the same price or less.
The Janome HD1000 Sewing machine provides the best construction that you need for a durable machine. It has an aluminum body, which makes it have better durability than other conventional sewing machines. Having better durability makes this machine reliable for handling the long-term projects. This machine is believed to be the best for both beginners and those experts who are looking a real workhorse to handle their sewing needs.
There are a number of Janome sewing machine reviews that show the actual benefits of using this machine. It presents more than just durability and also more new features. The use of the machine is easy based on the comprehensive manual that the company offers when buying it. You can still get the pdf version from their official website if you happen to misplace your hardcopy manual.
Things We Liked
- Free arm for stitching the sleeves and narrow pieces of clothes.
- Dust cover included for better storage.
- 3-piece feed dog system.
- Presence of an extra-high presser foot.
- The presence of a stitch chart to help with the correct selection of the stitch pattern.
- Aluminum body for better durability and protection.
- 14 built-in stitch patterns.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not best suited for sewing the delicate fabrics.
- Wrong use of needles sometimes can result in poor stitches
2012 saw a change for many things, the same can be said for the Janome sewing machines. It is when the Janome DC2012 was launched with a good number of features packed in the machine. This machine is smaller than many sewing machines, but it comes packed with more features than what you could expect. The on board functions and stitches of the machine can be selected easily by using the control panel. The machine has an impressive speed slider that is for varying the stitching speed based on the deadlines you might have.
The number of accessories available when buying this type of machine will impress you. The company offers a large number of accessories to make your sewing life easier than before.
Things We Liked
- Fully automated sensor buttonhole
- Free arm is convertible for circular sewing
- Superior feed system technology
- 50 built-in stitch patterns.
- The bobbin winder of this machine has an auto-declutch capability.
- A variable speed control slider.
- Quite and smooth machine.
- Includes many presser feets.
Things We Didn’t Like
- The carry handle is a bit flimsy
- 110-volt machine that would be hard to use outside the US
- Struggles with the heavy fabric
Why You Should Use Janome Products
- The machines have an auto-lock button: Reading many Janome sewing machine reviews, it is to see that the auto-lock button has helped many people to prevent disasters when sewing. You will no longer have to lock the stitches manually in place when you need to turn the wheel. This button also makes it easy to control the machine.
- The presence of the built-in thread cutter: In the conventional machines is when you had to fetch scissors to cut the thread after you are done stitching. Things are now different with most Janome sewing machines. They have an automatic thread cutter to make life easy for you. Some machines even have the cutter and bobbin winding thread cutters. Such features make the sewing process much easier than before.
- Buttonhole functionality: Making the buttonholes is hard, especially if you are still a beginner in the sewing field. You need the buttonhole functionality in the Janome machines. It helps you to sew the complex buttonholes on the apparels a lot faster.
- Material guide functionality: Sewing the right type of material is important so as not to damage the machine. The computerized displays always offer the material guide feature and the best stitch pattern to use. You can end up having an impressive stitch design paired with the right type of material. You can still refer to the manual in cases where you need more comprehensive information about the material guide.
- The use of finger guards: Most Janome sewing machine reviews recommend that the beginners should use the finger guard when sewing. The punctured fingers when sewing can make an enthusiast feel that sewing is not the best thing to do anymore. You always have to make sure to ask for a finger guard when buying a new Janome sewing machine.
Q: Why do I need a finger guard?
A: The finger guard is both useful for beginners and experts. It is a necessary precaution to protect your finger from the accidental puncture by the needle.
Q: I lost my manual, what should I do?
A: Get another manual from the Janome official website. You have to search for the right type of manual based on your machine model.
Q: The machine is not starting, what is wrong?
A: Your machine might not be starting because of the wrong configuration of the power cord. Ensure that it is properly plugged in before switching on the main power switch.
Q: My needles keep on breaking, what is the reason?
A: The needles break only if you are using the wrong type of needles for the heavy fabric sewing. You need to find the right type of needle that can handle the thick fabric without breaking or skipping the stitches.
Q: Where can I get my machine serviced?
A: It is advisable to take the machine to a Janome dealer to do the servicing as per the warranty conditions. Attempting to repair the machine yourself might make the warranty become void.
Q: How do I setup my machine?
A: The setup process of a machine will depend on the different models. Ensure that you have the right type of manual needed for a specific machine. The manufacturer will outline all the steps needed for setting up the whole machine. Follow the procedure to start sewing as soon as possible.
Q: I need to buy a new Janome sewing machine, where can I get one?
A: Genuine Janome products are important to guarantee and better working conditions. You have to buy these genuine machines from the authorized dealers by Janome or from Amazon, which is a trusted online store.
Janome products for a long time will dominate the sewing industry because of what they have to offer. Most of these machines can compete with other models that have always been seen to be unbeatable. You can always expect the value for your money when using a Janome sewing machine. If your old machine is always breaking down, it is time to pick from one of the highlighted Janome machines as a replacement.