Sewing is one popular process which allows individuals to create their own creative and catchy projects. When making the stitches or those patterns, people have to keep in mind various methods. And if they have tips to utilize, their products are more likely to catch attention from other people.
For those who first start using the sewing machine, making mistakes is hardly inevitable. Sometimes, you are not careful so a tiny detail can cause malfunction to your sewing machine. In fact, there are some malfunctions which are extremely difficult to repair; however, there are still problems that individuals can fix by themselves.
This article will point out some common mistakes that people often catch up when using the sewing machine. Also, there are some particular guides to show you how to fix them at this moment.
#1. Needle slips off when sewing
From the title, individuals can also envision the situation of slipping needle. To illustrate, when the sewing machine starts to operate for making projects, the needle tends to slip off rather than hooking on your stitches. This will make people find it hard to operate the process from now on.
- Reason: For those who have understand why they stuck in this situation, the reason is because you just take a small amount of thread. On the other hand, some people have put the needle into machine in the improper method. Therefore, thread starts to lose their direction.
- How to solve: Basically, individuals should take an average amount of thread before sewing their projects. And to pull the thread in proper method, just make sure that the thread is pulled through the metal eyelets at the top position of the machine.
#2. Fabrics run in disproportion appliance
When the machine operates, fabric just stays at its position which causing disproportion appliance. In some cases, it does not move in the right direction. As a result, it can ruin all the stitch lines on your materials and damage the products.
- Reason: This is because you have not lowered the paddle down, or you have not install the paddle into the sewing machine yet. Take a deeper look, propellers are made of metal parts that can be disassembled. On the other hand, they also have many different shapes depending on the intended use of each type of fabric. However, the main effect of the propeller is to keep the fabric running in the right direction.
- How to solve: the solution for this problem is to lower the propeller down after setting the sewing fabric into place. In fact, in some models of sewing machine, they will not run if the propeller has not been lowered. So try not to forget for picking the suitable propeller when setting this process.
#3. Thread is loosen
In this situation, the thread tends to loosen which cause your seams look bad and unstably.
Reason: The first reason which causes your thread to loosen is may be due to uneven tension. Another reason is because the screws in the container tend to loose down after using for such a long time. This is a common problem for most individuals who often make projects with their sewing machine.
On the other hand, the third reason is that you set the containers improperly. Individuals can search on the internet the ways for setting their container correctly.
How to solve: In this case, individuals can fix the problem by adjusting the tension screws, then you adjust the tension by turning over those screws. Nowadays, sewing machine comes in modern design and high technology, users can adjust by simply pressing a button.
#4. Tension between the thread
In contrast to the above case, stretched fabric too tight can lead to unbalanced tension between your stitches. As a result, it not only loses the aesthetic for your sewing products, but somehow can damage the whole project as well.
- How to solve: As the tight tension situation is just opposite to the loosen fabrics. Then individuals can solve by reducing the tension. To illustrate, just simply screw or press the button to adjust. And don’t forget to check back throughout the containers.
In addition, just over stretch can also cause by one more factor. Take a deeper look, individuals did not set the metal plate above the machine. In addition, you did not focus on setting the metal plate in the right position. As a result, individuals will find it hard to adjust the plate which lead to this circumstances.
#5. Thread gets entangled when sewing
As when you’re running the sewing machine, sometimes threads tend to follow up rather than suffering under the bottom which can distract the direction of seams. For worse, they run into each other too tight for you to pull off.
Reason: The first reason is because there are things happened to your needle. For instance, the needle was bent, broken or incorrect assembled which can lead to this phenomenon. With this case, you only need to replace the needle. On the other hand, one more reason is because you inserted the bobbin following the wrong way. And don’t forget the direction of thread for sewing your projects successfully.
Above are five of the most common mistakes that individuals often make when using the sewing machine, and there are also the simplest ways to overcome them. Hopefully, none of you will have to suffer from those mistakes.
However, if you have get in this situation, just apply those methods above for solving the problems. Anyway, it is better that users carefully read the basic guides of your sewing machine to use them properly and conveniently from the beginning.